Friday, December 16, 2011

Cyberdrama


For this blog, a game that I play that I would like to analyze is NBA 2K12, which was made by 2K Sports.

There are hardly any limitations by the creator in this game. I can play as any team I want, and use any player I want. As a player, I am definitely immersed in the game as I have complete control over my player and can make him do just about anything I can imagine.

As Janet Murray said in "Cyberdrama," "Stories and games are also both distanced from the real world, alhtough they often include activities that are done "for real" in other domains. The stock market, for example is a betting game, but real world resources are exchanged and people's out-of-game or out-of-trading-floor lives are profoundly changed by events taking place there."

To make an impact in NBA 2K12, I can play better with my team than my opponent and beat them by measure of total score in points.

In dynasty mode, you have the option to stay locked on one player throughout the entire game and can see his abilities develop with experience. This is a great asset to the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment